Volvo 740 GL 1989
Available beautiful condition Volvo 740 GL from Southern Finland,
This 740 is amazingly well kept example with full service records since new.
Car was first bought new in Sweden and then imported to Finland from there. In Sweden the car was equipped with Volvo alarm system inc. hood/trunk & glass sensors. With the alarm system also came remote central locking that works still super well from over 20m distance!
There is zero rust repair welding done to this beauty and also no need to do any of it. Only reason to that what i can think of is because it has been garage kept and all the maintenance have been done on time. The underbody front end of these Volvos was not rust proofed from factory so i did slight rust protection to there by my self. Not any corrosion was there anyways, but now it’s covered for the future.
Car is also equipped with sport springs and real 80’s Rial alloy wheels designed specially to these 700-series Volvos. Only these nice condition wheels with original hubcaps and tires are easily worth of 800€ in Finland.
Some work done to car in the last 2 years,
– Last service done at Finlands official Volvo dealer, Bilia [23.4.2021]
– Gear shifter linkage bushings 2021 (Volvo oem)
– Valve cover gasket & oilcap gasket 2021 ( Volvo Oem)
– Headliner redone with black Recaro cloth 2021
– Slight 2-step paint correction done by me 2021
– Timing belt in early year 2020
– New brakes, discs, pads and brake calipers in all 4 corners 2020
– Windshield 2020
This car is very easy to put back to 100% original condition and the value will also grow up every year as it’s in very good condition.
Only things to pre problematic for ” museum registering ” this car in Finland are:
1. 2000’s Sony stereo (would be needed to replace to original one)
2. Fix the small hole from drivers seat
3. Install the original rear muffler tip
Car does have some small dents in the body, because it’s not new anymore, but nothing that professional could not fix by ” smart fixing ” so poking with those majestic plastics sticks inside of the doords. Just normal door digs here and there, nothing crazy.
Car has the service records in original maintenance book and the odometer reading was was all checked from Swedish automotive registry before buying it to Finland.
This is very good example of well kept classic and would be nice if it would find a good loving home.