In 1979 manufactured MB 450 SEL 6.9 #7201 has been imported from Las Vegas to Finland in autumn 2014, sold as a new in Los Angeles 18.12.1980. Odometer number is 209 000 miles.
Body is rust free. Some scratches and overseas transportation damages have been painted; the car has been resprayed at least once. Colour is Metallic Blue.
Due to wear and tear in seats a set of Velours beige seats have been applied, dashboard has an additional plastic cover. Door inner panels are original. Otherwise interior is good. Cruise control does not work and the relay box has now been repaired but so far no function.
Recently renovated are:
– suspension spheres
– all rubber hoses, excluding strut main hoses, dry sump hoses are barely used extremely good ones
– brand new Michelin tires 215/65 R15, brand new Maxilite Barock wheels with new bolts and new center caps
– all fluids, oils and filters
– all ball joint rubber bellows, rear strut rubber bellows
– front brake pads
– Automatic air conditioning control unit converted to a electronic Unwired Tools system, works really well
– air conditioning serviced with new R134a gas, new dryer, connectors and oil
– new distributor vacuum box, all US-emission devices are disabled, catalytic converters removed
– new Bosch fuel injectors with rubber seals
– new spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor
– new front and rear window seals
– new door seals
A good condition tool kit available, original owners manual is in bad shape but a new euro-model manual come along plus some other documents from the US.