The car was produced in October 1965
Kardex & COA present for the car.
The car is registered on the Finnish historical register.
Finnish history is known since the historic vehicle registration in 1996 and partly before that, the US history is still under investigation.
Porsche 911 SWB 1965
Condition of the car is good but with minor faults:
– Not matching numbers, but has 2.0L engine dated to 1966, 5-speed dogleg transmission
– Not original paint, original paint is polo red, current is burgundy red, current paint is in good shape but with minor scratches
– Due to some type of damage in the past, the passenger rear fender has some signs of filler. It is very hard to notice it, we are just being honest.
– When the current owner purchased the car it had front seats from circa 1970 Porsche, he was able to buy original 1965 seats which were upholstered with correct houndstooth material and are now installed in the car, also rear seats were upholstered the same time
– Wheels are 14″ Fuchs which are not original, but he knows where to purchase some original steel wheels with 1965 stamps if required.
– Other than above mentioned the interior and exterior of the car is in original good/very good shape.
At one point the owner was able to trace down the original engine in the USA, think it has since been sold though.
Original engine type (serial 902404) is 901/05 as shown in the CoA and that type of engine has had Webers from the factory (can be verified from various sources).
Current engine serial is 907748 (as far as he has investigated this engine is also of type 901/05) as printed in the Museum register and that too left the factory with Webers.
The car had its original engine still in at 1976 because the PCA Panorama magazine advertisement had that engine serial number. The car has been restored in Finland (don’t know where) before 1996 because the car has passed for the Museum register at the end of 1996. He knows who sold the car to Finland and has sent him message via Facebook but hasn’t got any reply. The contact information will of course be passed on so that the new owner can also try to make contact.
His guess is that the engine has been rebuilt at the same time that the car was restored.
Porsche 911 SWB 1965
Below is a photo link, let me know if you need anything else.
The Porsche 911 SWB 1965 is in Finland and can be shipped worldwide, please ask for a price.
Please know that I will help you in every way possible with the purchase. I have good contacts for shipping the vehicle all over the world. If you would like to come and view the vehicle before purchasing that would be great but if it isn’t possible to come and view, I will do my best to give you as much information and as many photos as you require. I myself buy a lot from foreign countries so I know exactly the situation you are in.